Thursday, March 23, 2017

Project 4 - Camera Controls

In order to achieve a deep depth of field, I used an f stop of 25 to make the background clear. By doing this, the viewer is able to focus on not just the camera cap but also the background as well. To achieve a shallow depth of field, I change the f stop to 4. This allowed the background to be blurred and only the camera's lens cap to be in focus. I decided to post these two photos because I was finally able to achieve my goal. The shallow depth of field photo was easiest to take but the deep depth of field photo took me quite awhile to achieve. Though I didn't plan on posting those two photos, I think they turned out pretty good. 
For my slow shutter speed photo, I had to set the shutter speed to 1/5 seconds. This gave the waterfall a nice soft, velvety look to it. For my fast shutter speed photo, I set the shutter speed to 1/800 seconds. Any motion that was happening in the photo would all be captured. Every drop of water that bounced off the rocks were shown. I was lucky enough to visit the Portland Japanese Garden to take these last two photos. Though these took me almost an hour to take, I was finally able to accomplish my end goal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment